Cosmic Rain started out as a recording project in 2012 with the aim of recording songs for songwriting competitions as well marketing to artists and record companies. As the recording project progressed, a steady line-up emerged and it was decided to form a fully-fledged band and to start gigging.
Highlights so far include:
• In 2016 made Finalist with song, “Do You Really Wanna Save Me?” in the Australian Independent Music Awards run by Musicoz.
• In 2017 launched our first CD of 10 original songs at Mr Boogieman Bar and planning to record our second CD early 2018.
• Late in 2017 did our first ever acoustic/unplugged gig at Mr Boogieman Bar and based on the reaction we got, we will be doing a lot more of these in the future.
• In 2018 we did for the first-time festival and regional gigs:
• Food Truck Festival, Lilydale (23rd Feb)
• Australian Beach Games Festival, Lakes Entrance (24th Feb)
• Airey’s Inlet Open Mic Festival (18th Mar)
• MusicMan Megastore, Bendigo (14th July)
• In 2018 recorded our 2nd CD of another 10 original songs and did launch gig on 2nd Dec at Bar 303 in Northcote.
• In late 2018 released 3 songs on JJJ Unearthed over a period of several months. The songs were:
• Shine – reached #1 in Pop Charts and 6th Overall
• Life Is Hard – reached #1 in Indie/Rock Charts and 3rd Overall
• New Day – reached 1st on Pop/Indie Charts and 11th Overall
Cosmic Rain has played at various Melbourne pub venues such as: Bar 303, Bendigo Hotel, Brunswick Hotel, Grumpy’ s, Last Chance R&R Bar, Mr Boogieman Bar, Musicland, Reverence Hotel, The Workers Club and Whole Lotta Love.
Cosmic Rain’s music can best be described as melodic pop-rock spanning a number of genres and styles but heavily influenced by The Beatles. You can actually whistle or hum the distinctive melody lines and easily remember the catchy choruses to many of their songs.
Cosmic Rain aims to stand out and be different to the many acts that exist today by providing a brand of music rarely offered today’s homogenised music industry. We are now looking to take the next step and find new audiences that we hope will catch on to our music and propel the band towards success.
Genre: Rock | Pop
Round One Entry | Voting Now Closed